Adapted from Geometry Labs, by Henri Picciotto
Discovering the SuperTangrams
How many unit half-squares in these? _____ and _____
Note: arrangements like these do not count. The unit half-squares much touch by whole sides.
- There are only four figures that are made of three unit half-squares. Use graph paper to find them.
- Figures that are made up of four unit half-squares are called superTangrams. How many of them can you find?
- Find the perimeters of the superTangrams, and rank them from shortest to longest.
- What is your method for finding superTangram shapes?
- How do you know when you have found all the superTangrams?