After 42 years in the classroom, from counting to calculus, I have retired from teaching in order to concentrate on writing, curriculum development, and consulting.
- Professional development workshops
- Math program review
- Teacher and department chair coaching
Of course, I can only help based on my own experience and beliefs. To find out about my philosophy, read some of the articles (or watch the videos) on my About Teaching page, or read my blog.
- I can offer professional development workshops for math teachers (half a day to a whole week) on a wide range of middle school and high school topics. For example:
- ◊ Visual Algebra, including the Lab Gear
- ◊ Hands-On Geometry
- ◊ Transformational Geometry
- ◊ No Limits! (Algebra 2, Trig, Precalculus)
- ◊ Tool-rich pedagogy (manipulatives, technology)
- For many more possibilities, see:
- My presentations and workshops
- My résumé
- I can help schools review their math program.
- ◊ Department self-assessment and values clarification
- ◊ Strategies to reach the full range of students
- ◊ Teaching math in the long period
- ◊ Moving towards a student-centered classroom
- ◊ Teacher collaboration and department-building
I can help teachers improve their practice, and department chairs develop their leadership, through on-site visits and remote support.