Note that there is a difference in terminology between the two packets: what is known as a "time series graph" in the first is called "linked function diagrams" in the second.
Both packets require technological support, such as a spreadsheet program, a graphing calculator, Fathom, Desmos, or GeoGebra.
- Fathom files:
- Iterating Linear Functions:with a table | with a 'cobweb' graph
- As a follow-up to these lessons, here is a worksheet I use in Infinity, a post-Algebra 2 elective course, to review the above material at a higher level, and to find an explicit formula for the `n^(th)` term:
- Explicit Formula(PDF)
- After this, we are ready for an exploration of iterating some non-linear functions:
- See Infinity, Unit 2: Chaos
- Excerpts: Iterating the Logistic Function | Assessment: Project
- Finally, a number-theoretic extension:
- Iterating `f(x)=2|x|-2`